Monday, September 28, 2009

Being Transformed by the Spirit

Our goal is Christians is to glorify Christ in everything we do, serving Him as obedient sons and daughters. This is something I believe we know. But do we remember that we need to become like Him as well.

I seem to forget that.

Not only am I supposed to obey Him, but I am to strive to become more Christ-like. I think that is something we as Christians know but don't articulate.

But I think we should.

And when we are aware of this calling, and we feel as though we are failing, we need to remember that we are being transformed. It's not up to us. It is something the Holy Spirit does in us.

"And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit" (2 Corinthians 3:18).